Women want way to beat the stress of having more and less people they want to share it with or having less and more people counting on them to give it up. My recommendation is to let go! Venture out alone to get a fresh perspective and learn that being you is okay. Cleanse your mind from the barrage of prescriptions for being up when you want to relax, being on when you want to be off and being Beyonce, Hallie or Mary J when you love being you!
Get away with a sister or friend and join women who like you want a vacation stress-buster. Here are five tips to guide you:
1. Learn you are not alone. Whether embarking on a new career, in the midst of overwhelming work assignments or winding down from workplace stress, on a group getaway you will find a sisterfriend who has ‘done that’ and is willing to share a perfect remedy for coping.
2. Wind down; be yourself. Take time out from being on. No need to be in charge, or go along to get along, no decisions about workplace attire, makeup, hair or being on time or time off.
3. Expand your network of friends. Stretch your friendship circle with people of varying experiences, connections and stages in life.
4. Venture to a place of peace. Find a place where stress won’t follow you. Surround yourself with an endless water and sky horizon, and earth sprouting trees and friendly spaces that make you one with life.
5. Feel great for taking that step. Just go for it! You will leave the journey equipped with newfound stress relieving memories and tools.